12 life hacking, how to store food
1. To begin with, we will define foods that should be kept in the refrigerator, and those that can be stored in kitchen boxes at room temperature. In a cold place you need to store apples, beans, berries, broccoli, cabbage (and color too), carrots, celery, cherries, corn, cucumbers, zucchini, ginger, grapes, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms. At room temperature - avocados, apricots, bananas, citruses, garlic, kiwi, melons, nectarines, onions, pears, peaches, plums, pineapples, potatoes.
2. Peeled onions can be stored in plastic bottles, but before pouring it into a bottle, you must make sure that it is dry enough. By the way, some housewives recommend storing a bow in nylon pantyhose. Thus, it can remain fresh for about eight months.And in any case, do not store onions with potatoes, so it will deteriorate very quickly. If you leave it in a dry place where there is good air circulation, you can not worry about its freshness for 2−3 months.
3. Before sending parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, green onions, asparagus in the refrigerator, they must be collected in a bouquet, put in a jar of water, covered with a plastic bag on top and secure with a rubber band. Then the green will stay fresh for a long time. But thyme, by the way, should be tied in a tight bundle and hung in the open air.
4. In order to preserve the freshness of the berries, it is necessary to treat them with a special solution and then only send them to the refrigerator. Mix vinegar with water (in proportions 1:10), soak the berries in the solution, dry and put in the refrigerator. In this case, raspberries, for example, will retain freshness for about a week, strawberries - two weeks.
5. In order for the cut piece of cheese to not dry out, it is necessary to grease it with butter or wrap it in a special paper (in no case in a plastic film), and then fold it into a paper bag. By the way, cheese should be stored in the warmest places of the refrigerator (a box for vegetables, etc.).
6In order for the potatoes not to germinate and keep longer, it is necessary to keep it in a dry place, after adding a few apples to the box. But keep in mind that one rotten apple can spoil the entire crop, so periodically sort out the potatoes.
7. Never store vegetables, fruits and meat in the same compartment of the refrigerator. Meat and seafood should be kept on the lower shelves, after carefully wrapping them so that they do not drip onto other products.
8. In order for bananas to retain their flavor and aroma for 3-5 days, wrap their leg with cling film. And remember that they produce ethylene, so they must be kept separate from other fruits.
9. Celery, broccoli and lettuce must be wrapped in foil and only then put in the refrigerator.
10. Unripe tomatoes can be kept in the refrigerator leg down, after storing them in a paper bag. Or place them on a separate shelf until they mature. But ripe tomatoes should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight, leg up.
11. In order for ginger to retain its taste as long as possible, it must be kept in the freezer.
12. Mushrooms must also be kept in the refrigerator, after they are wrapped in a paper bag (not in a plastic bag).
What foods contain carbohydrates
How to be weak
Salad with avocado and cucumber recipes
Unusual reactions of people testing for the first time virtual reality glasses
Build a subwoofer with your own hands
Kate Middleton does not allow Charles to communicate with grandchildren
Cheese and Garlic Pancakes