All the secrets of art therapy
Sometimes it is very difficult to cope with your emotions and appreciate your feelings. In this case, you can ask for help from a specialist, or you can try to start acting independently. For example, with the help of art therapy you can solve several problems at once.
What it is?
What is art therapy? This is a method of psychological correction and treatment based on creativity and art. Literally, the name translates as “art treatment”.
The main goal of such therapy is the harmonization of emotions, sensations and feelings, which is accomplished through self-knowledge and self-expression.
And it is creative activity that is the best way to know oneself, one’s own consciousness, and even the subconscious. The technique of art therapy is based on the belief that the so-called inner or subconscious "I" of each person can be reflected in the images created by him during his creative activity.
As such images can be drawings, sculptures, collages, photographs and much more.Art therapy allows not only to throw out their emotions and feelings, but also to evaluate them. So, if the process will be observed by a specialist (psychologist or psychotherapist), he will be able to understand and analyze the state in which the person is.
How did it appear?
The first term "art therapy" in 1938 was introduced by the artist Adrian Hill. At that time, he worked in sanatoriums with tuberculosis patients. Hill noticed that while painting, a person can express his condition and get rid of bad thoughts. Further, this method was used when working with children who visited the fascist camps.
At the very beginning of its development, art therapy was based on the principles and views of Sigmund Freud and Carl Gustav Jung, who believed that the result of the patient’s creative activity necessarily expresses his unconscious mental processes.
But then the method began to develop, and in 1960 the first Art Therapy Association appeared in America. At that time, this method was used by psychiatrists, psychotherapists and psychologists, but today it is widely used not only by specialists, but also by ordinary people at home.
In what cases will be effective art therapy classes? Here are some indications:
- depression, depression, apathy and other similar conditions;
- stress and their consequences;
- crises (for example, age-related or related to career growth and other life processes and events);
- psychological trauma;
- rehabilitation after severe illness;
- interpersonal or intrapersonal conflicts;
- difficulties with socialization;
- various psychosomatic disorders;
- neurotic disorders;
- the formation of personality and the development of personal qualities;
- fears (including children).
Art therapy helps in many other cases. You can start classes if you experience discomfort, look for a solution to a problem, or just want to decide on your life goals.
If you work with a specialist, he will be able to help you solve the riddles of your mind, deal with thoughts and learn how to control emotions. As for contraindications, they simply do not. So everyone can safely begin their studies.
What is useful?
What is the use of this method? These are the tasks that art therapy can solve:
- This method makes it possible to express your emotions, thoughts and feelings. Sometimes it can be very difficult to do this with the help of words, and visual images will make it possible to understand and evaluate the condition.
- This is an excellent means of dealing with stress.If you feel that you start to "boil", then take a piece of paper and paint and start drawing.
- Art therapy helps fight fears. That is why it is useful for children who often suffer from their own fears, as well as for pregnant women who are constantly afraid for their unborn child.
- This is a great opportunity to get to know yourself.
- Art therapy helps to understand the world around us.
- This method can help develop creativity and identify talents.
- Many art therapy helps to improve self-esteem and become more confident.
- The method helps to adapt to new conditions of life, to new people.
- If a person has serious psychological problems, then art therapy can help the psychologist to assess the patient’s condition and choose an effective treatment method.
- Art therapy can be used as a correction for feelings, behavior and emotions.
Types of art therapy
The following methods can be used in art therapy:
- Maskoterapiya - a method that involves the transfer of problems and experiences of a person in masks.
- Video Therapy A person looks through the video and, as it were, projects his own image to the image of the hero, empathizing with him, looking for ways to solve the problem together with him and assessing the behaviors and emotions.
- Sculpt.Work with clay or other plastic materials is suitable for those who are under stress. Creating volumetric images allows you to more effectively express emotions and feelings.
- Color therapy. The method involves the impact of different colors, each of which can have a certain impact on the consciousness and state of a person.
- Sand therapy. Working with sand is soothing.
- Game therapy. Using the game, you can also identify problems and correct behavior.
- Fairy tale therapy. Emotions, condition, feelings and feelings are projected on the main characters of the tale.
- Phototherapy. This can be work with ready-made images or create your own.
- Music therapy. It is known that music can affect the feelings, emotions and condition of a person.
- Isotherapy is drawing. With the help of the picture you can express and evaluate thoughts, feelings and emotions.
- Dance therapy. The dance helps not only to express feelings and emotions, but also to relax.
- Origami. Such activities not only help to know yourself better, but also perfectly discipline.
- Dramatherapy. Playing a plot, you can get used to the image and assess your condition.
There are also some other less well known methods.
How to do?
Before you start, it is best to get training, of course. This will allow to learn the most effective and suitable methods.
We offer some simple exercises:
- If there are problems in family relationships, then you can draw a family. First draw it the way you imagine it. Then paint an ideal family. Rate the pictures and try to understand what you are not comfortable with, what you are missing.
- Self portrait Draw yourself and then analyze your drawing. Rate the colors, lines, details.
- If a child has difficulty adapting in kindergarten, then ask him to draw his garden. From the picture you can understand why a child is experiencing discomfort.
- Draw your state. Listen to the emotions and sensations. It is not necessary to draw emotions. Just intuitively choose colors and draw whatever you want.
- Scribble. Take a piece of paper and a pen or pencil. Start drawing a tangle of lines. First, do it unconsciously, then try to examine the image in the drawing and develop it. Rate your drawing.
- Flower.Close your eyes and imagine a flower. Describe its smell, appearance, features. Draw the flower on paper and make up a story about it.
Be sure to pay attention to art therapy, because it can help you cope with some problems.
Crochet Girl Top
New Year's snowmen
The simplest inverter of a motor without transistors
Pecan - delicious and very healthy nut
Landscapes: basic views and rules of use
Flowering cactus crochet
Ways to repair a damaged floor tie