How To Be A Girly Girl
How to Be a Girly Girl
A girly girl is someone who wholeheartedly embraces her femininity, without sacrificing her personality or strength. She cares about her behavior, style and appearance, but is never self-centered or mean and is always herself. She is someone other girls look up to and want to be friends with. Being a girly girl is a personal choice, and no one should pressure you to act in any way you are uncomfortable with. But if this is the attitude and look that you are going for, all you need to do is cultivate the right behavior and appearance.
Taking Care of Your Appearance
Bathe every day.Girly-girls have excellent hygiene! Be sure you shower every day and clean yourself thoroughly with soap and water. If you want to be extra girly, try buying scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
Use moisturizer or lotion on your skin.Having soft skin is a big part of being feminine. You should use a moisturizer or lotion on your face and body every day, even if you have oily skin--moisturizer will stop your skin from producing its own oils. You can use any kind, but check the label first to see if it’s the best kind for your skin type.
- If you have acne, you can still be a girly girl! Try drinking lots of water and using benzoyl peroxide on your breakouts. If you can’t get rid of them, it’s okay--lots of people have acne.
Keep your nails manicured.You don’t have to put on a new shade of nail polish every day, but your nails should be clean and manicured all the time. Clip and file your nails so they are even, clean under them daily, and check every day for nail polish chips.
- If you like changing your nail polish colors, try matching them to your outfit.
- If you don’t want to put on new nail polish all the time, try wearing a clear coat. It looks just as neat and girly, but you don’t have to worry about it as much.
Brush and style your hair every day.Keep your hair brushed and styled every single day. Make sure your hair doesn’t have any knots or tangles, and that its neat and clean. Develop a signature hairstyle that works for you, and keep your hair neatly styled every day.
- Depending on your hair type, you may need to wash it every day. If you hair seems oily and flat by the end of each day, you should wash it daily.
- Your hairstyle doesn’t need to be elaborate. Your signature style could be as simple as parting it to the side and wearing a barrette! You can also try braids, ponytails, and simple buns.
- If you aren’t sure how to do your hair, ask a friend for advice or visit a salon.
Wear deodorant and perfume.Smelling nice is an essential part of being a girly-girl! Be sure you use deodorant every single day. You can also wear perfume--many feminine women have a signature scent they wear every day. If you don’t wear much perfume, try a light floral or fruit scent first.
- Don’t use deodorant or perfume as a substitute for bathing. People can tell.
- Use as little perfume as possible, and only use it on pulse points like your wrists and neck. Your perfume should be a subtle fragrance that people only notice when they’re next to you, not a strong smell that hangs in the air around you.
Keep your teeth clean.Girly girls keep their teeth as clean as possible. Brush and floss every day, and be sure to use mouthwash or mints to keep your breath smelling fresh. Carry floss with you, and use it after every meal or snack.
- It’s okay if your teeth are crooked or if you wear braces. Just make sure they’re clean!
Wear light makeup.Try wearing a little bit of makeup to get a girly girl look. Light makeup will make you look more feminine, and it’s much easier to learn to apply than a full face of makeup. Keep practicing until your makeup looks natural and is easy for you to apply.
- Try using just lip gloss and mascara to start.
- Keep eyeshadows and blushes in light, neutral colors like light pink or beige.
- If you want to wear foundation, go to a makeup counter first to be sure it matches your skin tone.
- Wearing heavier makeup is okay too! Just make sure you’ve practiced your look first.
Dressing like a Girly Girl
Keep your clothes clean and pressed.Girly girls never go out in dirty, wrinkled clothes. Keep your clothes washed and don’t wear anything with stains, even if it’s been washed. Iron your clothes before you wear them.
- Be careful to read the instructions on your clothing labels. Some clothes can’t be ironed or can only be ironed on a low setting.
- If you don’t want to iron, try hanging clothes up immediately after you dry them, or letting them run in a dryer on the permanent press cycle.
- If something has a stain that won’t come out, don’t throw it away! Save it for wearing around the house or while doing work that might damage your regular clothes.
Buy clothes that fit properly.Don’t buy clothes that are too tight or too baggy. None of your clothes should be so tight that they pinch you, show your underwear, or are hard to put on and take off. They also shouldn’t hang loosely off you or need to be adjusted as you go about your day. Try on your favorite clothes to make sure they fit you properly, and if they don’t, stop wearing them.
Buy feminine clothes.You don’t have to wear pink party dresses every day to be a girly girl, but it helps to wear something feminine every time you go out. Dresses and skirts are always an easy choice, but you can also wear tailored pants, capris, shorts, and jumpsuits. Instead of wearing T-shirts, try wearing blouses and button-up shirts.
- Pinks, purples, and pastels are considered classic girly colors, but if you don’t like them, any color can be feminine if it’s got the right style and fits you well.
- You don’t have to follow trends or wear what everyone else is wearing, as long as you’re dressed neatly and femininely.
Wear feminine shoes.Avoid wearing sneakers and flip-flops if you want to look girly. Heels and wedges are a great way to look feminine, but if you don’t want to wear heels, try a pair of ballet flats. Be sure your shoes are clean and don’t have any tears or scuffs!
- If you want to wear heels but don’t know how to walk in them, try stepping with your heel down first, then your toe. Practice lots before you go out in public!
Carry a purse.Girly girls need to carry lots of things with them! If you don’t carry a purse, start now. It doesn’t have to be an expensive designer bag. You can pick any purse you want in any color or style, as long as it’s in good shape and can hold all your things.
- Try getting a purse in a neutral color like black or tan--it will match more of your outfits!
Creating a Girly Space
Choose soft, bright colors to decorate with.Your bedroom, locker, school desk, or any other personal space can showcase your girly side. Choose a bright, soft color like pink, light purple, baby blue, or yellow to decorate with. You can get furniture, paint your walls, or just get fun accessories like decorative ribbons, posters, and stickers to make your space girly.
Keep your things organized neatly.Girly girls don’t carry around stacks of loose paper instead of notebooks or leave old food sitting around their rooms. Start practicing cleaning up after yourself every day and putting everything back where you found it. Keep your school things organized and labeled.
- This is a great opportunity to buy more girly organizing accessories too--things like binders, boxes, and cases are a great way to show off your feminine side.
Get a vanity or mirrors.You’ll need a space to check your makeup, practice new hairstyles, and make sure your outfits fit you perfectly. Get a big mirror for your room and smaller ones for your locker and purse. You can even get a whole vanity furniture set if you’re able to!
Show your creative side.Girly girls aren’t afraid to be creative. Decorate your personal space with cute drawings, notes to your friends, and crafts. Buy some paint pens in bright colors and draw decorations on your pictures and posters, or learn a craft like scrapbooking or sewing that you can use to decorate your area.
Acting like a Girly Girl
Walk and sit gracefully.Girly girls don’t run everywhere or flop across their seats. Practice walking and sitting gracefully. When you walk, walk carefully and confidently, with small steps and your head held up. When you sit down, sit with your back straight and your arms by your side or in your lap. You don’t have to cross your legs or your ankles, but it can add a feminine touch.
Be friendly and polite towards everyone.Be nice to everyone you meet. Look them in the eye, introduce yourself if you don’t know them, and address them by name. Ask how they’re doing, and if you are able to help someone with anything, offer to do it!
- This doesn’t mean that you should let people treat you badly--if you have to tell someone to stop or to leave you alone, do so clearly and firmly.
- Avoid swearing or using explicit words. They’re impolite, and it’s hard to be girly when you use them.
Show an interest in romance.Girly girls are interested in romance, but that doesn’t mean you need to start dating or do anything you aren’t comfortable with. Try reading romantic books, watching romances on TV, and talking to your friends about crushes.
- Some girls like to read bridal magazines even if they aren’t planning to get married. It’s a fun way to show your romantic side and keep up with fashion!
Keep up with trends.You don’t have to follow every trend, but most girly girls have an idea of what’s popular even if they don’t actually participate in it. You should have an idea of what’s cool to wear, listen to, and watch, if only so you’ll have something to talk about with your friends.
Hang out with other girls.It’s okay to have guy friends, but you should make sure you have a core group of girls that you hang out with and talk about girly things with. If you don’t have any close girlfriends, start by complimenting one of your classmates on her clothes or makeup. It’s a great way to start a friendship!
Practice good table manners.Eating neatly and having good table manners is a big part of acting like a lady. When you eat, don’t chew with your mouth open, lean on your elbow, or gobble your food. Practice taking small bites, keeping your hands in your lap when not eating, and chewing and swallowing neatly and unobtrusively.
Work hard in school.It’s not true that you have to act dumb to be a girly girl. Girly girls are high achievers who care about their education. Pay attention in class, study hard, and try your best in all your subjects.
QuestionCan I be a girly girl if I'm not pretty?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDon't let anyone tell you you can't do something because you don't look a certain way, or don't belong to a certain clique. Your clothes, music tastes, and hobbies should be about making YOU happy, not impressing someone else.Thanks!
QuestionI'm not allowed to use makeup, what can I do instead?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionIs it okay to be a girly girl even if I'm ugly?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou're not ugly, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. (And stop telling yourself otherwise.) Focus on your best qualities and not what you perceive as flaws. Also, it's okay for anyone to be a girly girl, regardless of what they look like.Thanks!
QuestionI'm trying to be more feminine but other kids keep calling me a geek.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour classmates are living in a 1980 high school movie. Back in the real world, Natalie Portman has published scientific papers and Emma Watson gives speeches on gender equality. Need any more proof that feminine and smart can go hand in hand?Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make boys like me if I'm fat?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere's nothing wrong with being overweight, and any guy who isn't interested in you because of that isn't worth your time. Confidence is key. Stand up straight, be friendly and outgoing with people, and ignore anyone who makes negative comments. Dress well in clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident. Guys will respond to this attitude.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I become a girly girl when in elementary school?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust follow most of these same steps! Moisturize with lotion, style your hair, try to wear cute girly flats, and colorful clothes. If possible, take a trip to Clare's and get some girly accessories. Make friends with other girls, too.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I be a girly girl if I have to wear a hijab?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt doesn’t matter if you wear a hijab or not. Being a girly girl is about how you act more than it is about how you look.Thanks!
How do I be a girly girl when I'm young and had a baby?
How to be a womanly woman?
Do I need to wear dressy shoes in order to be more feminine? What should I do if I cannot wear these types of shoes?
How can I be a girly girl if I can't change my room?
How do I be a girly girl if I'm fat and ugly?
- If you aren’t already girly, don’t try to change overnight! Take small steps towards changing your looks and attitude.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Français: , Italiano: , Español: , Português: , Deutsch: , Русский: , 中文: , Čeština: , Nederlands: , 日本語: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Tiếng Việt: , ไทย: , العربية:
Nov 4, 2019
Jul 13, 2019
Nov 27, 2019
Mar 4, 2019
Aug 13, 2019
Sep 2, 2019
May 22, 2019
Nov 6, 2019
Apr 4, 2019
Nov 13, 2019
Nov 21, 2019
Jan 3, 2019
Dec 27, 2019
Dec 26, 2019
Jun 14, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Nov 19, 2019
Mar 21, 2019
Nov 29, 2019
Mar 8, 2019
Jun 25, 2019
Video: Girly Hacks EVERY Girl Should Know! | Freddy My Love
How to Submit a Patent
7 Changes To Make If You Want To Lose 20 Pounds Or More
Uber fires Eric Alexander, who allegedly obtained medical records
Bob Saget looks exactly like the Cholula hot sauce lady
How to Call Australia
How to Use Different Blur Options in Snapseed
MORE: Gaga Is Currently Obsessed With Wearing a Grill
Leader Watermelon Glucose Reviews
5 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight
How to Do a Chin Stand