How to make soap at home - recipes, videos, instructions
Modern housewives, including me, bake bread at home, salt the fish. This provides access to quality products and savings. I was interested in the question of how to make soap with your own hands at home.
We can not say that the savings on the use of homemade soap is big. But we take baths and wash our face daily, and I want to use healthy and safe hygiene products. In these properties, the secret to the success of home soap is hidden.
Homemade soap, made by hand - a high-quality, environmentally friendly and beautiful product. It satisfies the hygienic requirements of family members and is suitable for the role of a gift to a close friend, for example, on March 8 or birthday.
Recipes soap making at home
Many people are engaged in making soap with their own hands. For some, this is a hobby, for others - a way to make money at home. Even a beginner will master this art.
We use a ready-made soap base, which is often replaced with baby soap or boiled soap using solid oils, additives and other ingredients.
Regardless of the recipes for soap making at home, the result is a beautiful and useful product.
How to Make Classic Soap
- Purified water is 700 ml.
- Lye - 270 g
- Olive oil - 1 l.
- Coconut oil - 500 ml.
- Grape seed oil - 500 ml.
- The oils indicated in the recipe, as well as the alkaline mixture, separately heat to 40 degrees.
- Slowly add alkali to the oil mixture, lower the blender into the container and, using short approaches, mix the contents for three minutes.
- In the resulting composition, pour in ten milliliters of cinnamon oil. After additional mixing, pour the mixture into a mold, wrap a warm blanket and leave it for a day. This will preserve heat and contribute to the completion of the chemical reaction.
Cooking chocolate soap with your own hands
The following recipe will enjoy sweet tooths. Let's make chocolate soap with a seductive look and an appetizing scent.
- Soap base - 100 g
- Almond oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Coffee - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Essential oil (vanilla).
- First melt the soap base. It can be replaced with baby soap, which is recommended to pass through a grater or finely cut. Mix the resulting mass with almond butter, cocoa and ground coffee.
- Composition fill curly molds and wait until it hardens. I advise you to use small forms in the form of flowers, shells or animals. As a result, each piece of homemade chocolate soap will resemble candy.
Milk honey soap recipe
At home, you can make a wonderful milky honey soap. Manufacturing technology is simple and straightforward, and the output is a product that will give odds to many store goods.
- Children's soap - 100 g.
- Honey - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Milk - 0.66 cup.
- Sea buckthorn oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Citrus essential oil - 15 drops.
- Glycerin - 1 teaspoon.
- Chamomile flowers.
- Pass the child's soap through the grater with warmed milk, wait a bit, and then hold in the bath until it melts.Enter the remaining ingredients.
- In the mixture add honey, then sea buckthorn oil with glycerin, then chamomile flowers with essential oil. Keep the mass on the fire and stir, not allowing to boil. When it becomes homogeneous, distribute the forms.
How to cook a handmade cleansing soap
I bring to your attention the recipe of making cleansing soap handmade. If you regularly care for your skin, it will help in this matter.
- Baby soap - 0.5 bar.
- Camphor alcohol - 0.5 tbsp. spoons.
- Ammonia - 0.5 tbsp. spoons.
- Glycerin - 0.5 tbsp. spoons.
- Citric acid - 0.25 teaspoons.
- Hydrogen peroxide solution - 0.25 cup.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Pass the child's soap through a grater into a container of water and wait a few hours until it swells.
- Place the dishes with soapy water in a container with water and heat slightly.
- Into a homogeneous mass, enter the alcohol with citric acid, diluted in a spoonful of water. After mixing, remove the mixture from the stove and stir until it cools.
- While continuing to stir, add hydrogen peroxide. Handmade soap is ready.
I think that during the reading of the material you noticed that in all cases there is only one basis, and the recipes differ by the additives.If desired, and the presence of imagination is easy to create your own recipe for soap, which will be characterized by excellent composition, wonderful color and unique smell.
How to choose a soap base and not make mistakes
In conclusion, I will tell you about the subtleties of the choice of the soap base and about the mistakes that novice soap makers make. Soap base - almost finished product, neutral in properties, without color and smell. The basis is needed for the manufacture of homemade soap.
It is not difficult to buy soap base of Chinese, Latvian, German, English and Belgian production. The basics from Belgium and Germany are very similar in properties. This transparent composition does not have a smell and gives a large amount of foam.
Products from England and Latvia are characterized by low surfactant content. As a result, the soap made from them, foams worse. But the composition of these foundations includes more natural ingredients.
The Chinese soap base foams fine, but it smells. Fortunately, with the help of a fragrance, the smell is easy to muffle. If desired, some basics can be mixed. The main thing is that they match each other in fat content.
I advise you to use an organic basis. It stiffens not so fast and foams worse, but benefits the skin. And this is important, especially if you care for the skin of the face.
The main mistakes of beginners
Remaining loyal to the subject of homemade soap making, one cannot but mention the mistakes and problems that newcomers face. All errors are related to the aesthetic side of the issue. The soap slowly thickens, breaks or falls apart when cut. Avoiding such problems helps to respect the proportions and the use of quality materials.
- If the soap breaks when cutting, it means that there is a lot of caustic soda in it. This defect does not affect the quality of the product, only the appearance is affected. In some cases, excessive fragility is caused by essential oils.
- If you get a soft soap, and when cutting the briquette splits into parts, it means that the gel stage ended unsuccessfully. To solve the problem, leave the product to ripen for two weeks, and then cut it with a guitar string.
- Often, the finished soap block is covered with bloom. Quality does not suffer from a visual defect. To fix the problem, cover the soap after placing it in the molds.The raid is removed with a knife or water.
- If the soap does not thicken, be sure to use the right amount of alkali. Often this effect is associated with a high percentage of soft oils. In this case, the continuous mixing of the solution with a conventional mixer will help to change the situation.
There are dangerous bugs. In some cases white spots appear in the soap. They are formed by alkaline crystals, which are poorly dissolved in the liquid. Test several of these crystals with a special strip. If it is really alkaline, discard the soap.
I reviewed 4 step-by-step recipe for beginners, instructions for home making and gave advice on choosing the basics. Now I will tell you interesting information about the origin of soap.
What do we know about soap?
According to historians, primitive people regularly washed so that the potential prey did not smell a scent. As a detergent they used water and sand. The invention of soap has contributed to the low efficiency of washing with the use of sand. It is difficult to say when soap appeared and who its author is. One thing is certain, it is older than paper and gunpowder.
Later, people began to rub the body with fat or oil, and then scraped off the dirty film from the skin. Clay was used for this purpose. According to one of the Roman historians, the first liquid soap appeared in Gaul. The inhabitants of the ancient state added ash to the melted goat fat, and the resulting mixture was used for washing hair and when washing.
Later, the Romans borrowed the product from the Gauls, who used it to create fashionable hairstyles. In 164, the Roman doctor Galen found out that the soap washes and washes.
The creators of solid soap are the Arabs. For its manufacture in the VII century, they used ashes, algae, lime, olive oil, goat fat, and potash. This recipe the Spaniards brought to Europe. As a result, the development of soap making began in European states.
In those days, Christianity struggled with pagan values, among which is the tradition of washing. Therefore, the baths appeared in Europe only in the XV century by the efforts of the Crusaders. Knights of those times presented soap to ladies as a gift.
In the seventeenth century, a revolution in soap making. Then shaving foam appeared, and the bristles became the conscious choice of men.For women were made flavored varieties of soap. Virtually every well-to-do house had a washbasin.
These revolutionary changes have bypassed the rules of hygiene. People of those times did not completely lather, saving an expensive product.
Two hundred years later, in the European cities, water pipelines appeared along with sewage systems. In every rich home there was a tin bath, and the soap took a firm place in everyday hygiene. Today, city dwellers spend about two weeks in the bath every year.
In Russia, boiled soap has long been. Valdai and Kostroma soap makers were famous throughout the country and beyond. After the appearance of the factory method of producing caustic and soda ash, soap making cheaper.
The simplest inverter of a motor without transistors
Knitted hat for baby Owl
Wild Berry Cheesecake
Sauces for meat dishes