How to make ventilation in the sauna with their own hands
Arrangement of ventilation in the sauna and adjacent shower is necessary for several reasons. The safety of the sauna itself and other rooms, the health of the users of the steam room will be at risk if air exchange does not occur in the right amount. As a result, mold, fungus will appear, and pathogenic microorganisms will develop. To avoid this, at the design stage it is necessary to foresee the type of exhaust system, to calculate its power.
Ventilation rules: what you need to know?
A good ventilation system should provide:
- constant fresh air;
- stable temperature in the room without drafts.
According to the rules, normal air circulation for a medium room is a fourfold change in air mass for 1 hour.
The sauna ventilation system should also provide such a process. High-quality air exchange involves gradual uniform mixing of fresh air with hot and wet mass of the steam room.
If it is stuffy and difficult to breathe in your sauna, ventilation is incorrect!
Types of ventilation systems
The steam room can have the following ventilation systems:
- mechanical (forced);
The first option is an economical model for the exchange of air masses using physical laws. But it is important to understand that only an experienced engineer, who will calculate all the nuances as accurately as possible, can make such a system. An independent device of such an exhaust does not guarantee the absence of drafts or the appearance of places with stagnant air.
Forced air exchange system is the most expensive because it requires financial investments in the purchase of units and ducts.
The forced-air and exhaust (combined) system is considered an optimal variant both from the financial, and from the technical point of view. When installing such a hood, the possibility of drafts is completely excluded. The efficiency of creating indoor microclimate is maximum.
You can not use a single ventilation system for the steam room and adjacent rooms! It would be more correct to provide a supply and exhaust system in the sauna, and natural air exchange will be quite acceptable and sufficient in the waiting room, a room for rest.
Diagram of the ventilation device in the sauna
Consider the option of placing elements of the exhaust system in the steam room:
- Supply holes. In order for the fresh air coming from the street to warm up faster, the air inlets should be located in the lower part of the wall close to the stove. This location is recommended for the reason that cold air will not get on a person who is in the steam room. The efficiency of air exchange will be higher if the design of the door take into account the gap (0.5 cm) between the box and the door leaf.
- Exhaust hood The standard location of the exhaust device relative to the inlet is on the opposite wall of the room. If we consider the steam room, there should be two receivers here. One should be located at a level of 1 m from the floor, the second is mounted in the area of the ceiling. These two receivers have one common duct-box.
- Fan and damper. These two devices are designed to create a protective barrier that prevents the occurrence of drafts in different weather phenomena. So, the presence of the damper will help to adjust the speed of the supply and intake of air.A fan will contribute to a more rapid release of moist air masses with insufficient natural draft.
Modes of operation of the hood
In the sauna with the device combined ventilation system, you can use a variety of ventilation systems of the room.
- Airing. This method is needed quite often. Thanks to regular airing of the steam room, the safety of all surfaces will be maximum. Within 5 - 10 minutes of ventilation with the fan on, with the valves fully open, the air in the room will be fully updated.
- Warming up In this case, the dampers in the exhaust duct are closed, but remain open in the supply air. This will ensure economical fuel consumption and quick warming up of the sauna.
We should not forget about the setting of the ventilation at the moments of using it for its intended purpose. To rest was not to the detriment of health, you need to open the hood valve in the lower hole. Due to this, air exchange will take place sufficiently, but the temperature in the room will remain stable.
- The cross section of the exhaust channel should be similar to the cross section of the inlet;
- Holes must be at a different level, you should not mount them only under the ceiling, or only in the middle of the wall. This hood will be extremely inefficient.
- You can not do only one exhaust hole under the ceiling - you can arrange a draft.
It should be remembered that the sauna has a beneficial effect on health in compliance with safety regulations. And the provision of air exchange and ventilation is a key link in this room. If you are not sure that you can properly equip the sauna, contact the engineers, they will perform professional calculations. This measure will eliminate the risk of an error.
Natural wood in the interior: 15 great solutions
Patchwork book cover
Colorful aprons from what is on hand
How to behave at a funeral
Methods to increase the yield of tomatoes