Freeze Dance | Freeze Song | Freeze Dance for Kids | Music for Kids | The Kiboomers
How to Play Freeze Dance
Freeze dance is a game loved by many kids, teens, and even grown-ups since it allows kids to get active while having fun. It's a great indoor game that's perfect for sleepovers and parties. It's time to get loose, breakout of your comfort zone, and get jiggy with it.
Planning Out the Game
Get song suggestions.Ask everyone what songs they like, so everyone can have fun! Tell the participants to not ask for slow songs since it's difficult to dance to. Use upbeat music, such as pop and rap, or you could use upbeat nursery rhymes songs for small children.
- Play music that is age appropriate; obviously you shouldn't play songs with inappropriate messages and language for small children and you shouldn't play childish songs for teenagers and older children.
Get the materials for the game.You'll need some kind of media player: a computer or device with music on it, a CD player, speakers, etc. You can also use a phone, search for or download some upbeat tunes, and place the phone in a plastic cup to use as a speaker.
Figure out who's playing.Ask everyone if they want to play. You can have as many players as you want; with too many, however, it may get out of hand and the game will be too long.
Figure out who's in charge.If someone doesn't want to participate, they can help out with the music, or if everyone wants to participate, take turns being in charge.
Set up the game.Place the media player or phone on a table so it doesn't get knocked over. You can also set up a chair beside the table for the person in charge if they don't want to stand the whole time.
Playing Freeze Dance
Tell everyone to play safely.Have everyone spread out to prevent injuries. Tell the players to not run around or do anything crazy such as doing flips since someone could get hurt which is no fun!
Start the music.Begin the game by starting the music, during this time everyone has to dance and move.
Stop the music.When the music stops everyone has to freeze. Don't remind them to freeze as this will make the game too easy. Try to trick the players by playing the music and stopping it really quickly.
Eliminate people.When the music stops playing and someone moves then they're out of the game. Kick out players if they fall or if they're being way too silly; yes it's okay to have fun, but if they almost hurt or injure someone while dancing they should be eliminated.
Continue to play.Keep playing and stopping the music until the last person, to win you have to be the last one standing.
Crown the winner.Congratulate the winner with a special prize. The winner gets to be in charge the next round, if everyone wants to play again.
Playing with Different Variations
Tell the players to dance differently.Each time you stop the music, before you start playing the music again tell everyone to dance or move a certain way such as:
- Dance like a ballerina
- Hop like a frog
- Do the disco
- Hop like a bunny
- Dance like Micheal Jackson or other famous people that dance
- Do the salsa
- Tango dance
- Ballroom dance
Freeze in different positions.The person in charge can tell the players to freeze in a different position each round. If a play forgets to freeze or doesn't freeze in the proper position they are out. Possible positions include:
- Freeze like a statue
- Freeze like a model
- Freeze like a certain animal
- Freeze like a superhero
- Freeze like a certain shape
- Freeze like a dancer
- Freeze like a bug
- Freeze like a letter
Make funny faces.The person in charge can tell the players to make a silly face while dancing each round to add some humour to the game. If a player forgets to make a face or still has a silly face when the music stops they're out. Use faces such as:
- Making a monkey face
- Bulging out your eyes
- Doing a creepy smile
- Doing the fish face
- Doing a sad face
- Doing an angry face
- Doing an exited face
- Doing a shocked face
Make noises each round.The person in charge can have the players make funny noises each round. If a player doesn't stop making noises when the music stops or they forget to make a noise they're out. Use noises such as:
- Snorting like a pig
- Barking like a dog
- Making slurp sounds
- Singing out of tune
- Moo like a cow
- Quack like a duck
- Let them be creative by letting them choose
Sing each round.The person in charge can have the players sing or hum the lyrics of the song being played. If a players forgets to sing or continues to sing when the music stops they're out.
Play different music each round.Spice up the game by playing different tunes each round since hearing the same song can get boring pretty fast. For example, if you tell the players to dance like a ballerina, play some ballet songs such as the Nutcracker, or the Sugar Plum Fairy.
Punish the losers.When someone gets kicked out of the game, have a punishment ready for them, such as:
- Eating something gross
- Doing something embarrassing
- Wearing something embarrassing
- Wearing layers of clothing
- Getting tickled by someone (if they hate getting tickled)
- Eating something sour or spicy
- Pour something on their head (water, juice, etc.)
Have fun playing freeze dancing!Everyone will be having a blast and want to play more rounds.
- If a person is getting a punishment let them pick since they may not want to do a certain punishment.
- After the game is over, give everyone some water; they're probably exhausted from all that dancing.
- Don't make the players do the same thing each round (for example, making silly faces); pick a new task each round.
- Have appropriate punishments. Don't give the player bad options, such as telling everyone an embarrassing secret, or else no one will do the punishment.
- Before the game starts, make a playlist (if you're using a phone) of all the song suggestions.
- Buy the supplies the day before the party to save time and ask the people coming what songs they like the day before as well.
- Don't be timid if you're a bad dancer; the point of the game is letting lose and having fun!
- Although freeze dance is commonly played indoors, you can play outside if you'd like; just make sure you don't disturb the neighbours with the music.
Video: K D1d Kindergarten Dance Lesson 1, Freeze Dance
How to Find the Best Free Mobile Browser for Your Phone or Tablet
Lamb Chops With Mint Yogurt Sauce
Foreign influence is growing in the US backyard
Good Sense Lice Killing Shampoo, Step 1
Bicycle Crunch Exercise for Your Obliques
5 Signs Its Time For Your Parents To Stop Living Alone
How to Convince Yourself That Youre Happy Being Alone
Nine New Foods that Prove Brooklyn Is THE Clean Food Epicenter
5 Strategic Weapons to Get You Through the Holiday-Food War Zone
How to Forget a Bad Memory
15 Homemade Swaps for the Worst Ultra-Processed Foods