Pasta with Escarole and Shrimp - Everyday Food with Sarah Carey
Linguine With Escarole and Shrimp
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cook linguine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
5. Add wine and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
6. Add escarole (or chard) in handfuls, stirring until it wilts before adding more; cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Whisk clam juice (or water) and cornstarch in a small bowl then add to the pan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
8. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan, add lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
9. Drain the linguine and return it to the pot. Add the sauce; toss to coat. Serve with lemon wedges.
Video: Best Pasta and Shrimp Recipe
10 Things No One Ever Tells You About: MakeupPrimer
Why people like you more than you think
The Renault EZ-GO shows what might be the future of ride-hailing
How to Stop a Dog from Humping
How to Let Your Crush Know You Like Them
10 Things No One Tells You About Losing Weight
Win The Daily Fix
The Cast of Married with Children Reunites for a Happy Occasion
How To Ask A Girl Out On A Date – What Every Man Should Know
Why Men Pull Away
Debbie McGee Makes Awkward Strictly Mistake
How to Make Snow
How to Stick to Your Study Schedule
How to make rainbow cake