T-35a paper model
The paper model of the T-35a tankis a Soviet heavy tank of the interwar period. Developed in 1931-1932 by engineers of a specialized design bureau under the general supervision of N. V. Barykov. It is the first heavy tank in the USSR launched into mass production - in 1933-1939, 61 serial vehicles were produced at the Kharkov Locomotive Plant in several small batches.
Materials and tools:
- scissors, paper knife, drawing ruler
- glue brushes and paint;
- watercolors (or pencils), toothpicks;
- clear acrylic glue ("Moment", etc.);
- to print the model matte photo paper with a density of 170-180 g / m2; for small parts - 70-80 g / m2.
- Before you assemble the part, read the drawings and instructions. Determine the place of each part and imagine its assembly;
- Make holes in details before cutting out the part;
- Cut only the part (s) you need right now.Unpacked items in a box, and unused sheets in a closed folder (as an option). Throwing out trash after work, carefully inspect the scrap paper;
- To better fold the part, it is necessary to hold the ruler along the fold line, pressing lightly with the blunt side of the knife or a toothpick so as not to damage the paper surface. Better to do it from the wrong side of the part;
- Keep your fingers clean and be sure to use wipes to wipe your hands, because hands may get dirty in the process;
- wind up cylindrical parts before gluing onto a round object of a suitable diameter, this will give them shape;
- Before gluing it is necessary to paint the ends of the part. White crop lines spoil the overall look of the model. To paint the ends, use watercolors or gouache paints. After selecting the desired color, apply them in a thin layer, then allow the paint to dry. About markers better to forget;
- Take your time with gluing. First, cut out the part, paint it from the end, wait for the paint to dry, assemble the part. Attach it to the place where it should be to make sure everything is done correctly. And only then stick. Do not forget to let the glue dry.
A bit of history
Soviet T-35 heavy tank
In March 1930, a group of engineers led by the famous tank specialist Edward Grotte arrived in the USSR from Germany. At the Leningrad plant “Bolshevik” The ABO-5 design bureau was formed, which included this group. In addition to German, the group also included young Soviet engineers. After the construction of the TG-1 tank (“Tank Grotte”) and its tests in August 1931, Grotte and German engineers refused further services for a number of reasons. ABO-5 was reorganized, and it was headed by young energetic engineer Nikolai Vsevolodovich Barykov, who had previously worked as Deputy Grotte. The design bureaus also included designers MP Zigel, B.A. Andrykhevich, A. B. Gakkel, Ya.V. Obukhov and others.
A new design bureau received from the UMM Red Army a mission "By August 1, 1932, to develop and build a new 35-ton TG-type breakthrough tank." This car was assigned an index T-35. The design took into account the one and a half year experience of work on the TG-1, as well as the results of tests of German tanks at the “KaMa” range and raquo; under Kazan and materials (intelligence) commission on the purchase of armored vehicles in the UK.
The assembly of the first prototype, designated T-35-1, was completed on August 20, 1932, and on September 1 it was shown to representatives of the UMM RKKA led by GG Bokis. Externally, the T-35 looked like an English experienced five-tower A.I.E.I «Independent»tankVickers», built in 1926. However, in the Russian archives there is no evidence that the Soviet procurement commission, located in England in 1930, was interested in this machine. Most likely, the Soviet designers came to the five-tower scheme themselves, as the most rational, regardless of their English colleagues.
The main turret of the T-35-1 was to house a 76-mm tank gun, an increased PS-3 power and a DT machine gun in a ball mount. But because of the lack of tools in the tank, only his layout was mounted. In four small towers of the same design, there were located (diagonally) two PS-2 37-mm cannons and two DT machine guns. Another DT machine gun was installed in the frontal sheet of the hull. In February 1933, the tank production of the plant "Bolshevik » It was allocated to an independent plant number 174 named K.E. Voroshilov. On it, the Barykov Design Bureau was transformed into the Experimental Machine-Building Department (OKMO), which was engaged in the development of a second prototype tank, called the T-35-2, taking into account the shortcomings of the first. According to the personal instructions of I.V.Stalin unified the main T-35 towers and the T-28 tank, and the small gun turrets were completely redesigned. The T-35-2 also received a new M-17 engine, another transmission and gearbox. For the rest, he differed little from his predecessor. The assembly of the T-35-2 was completed in April 1933. May 1, he was led by a parade on Uritsky Square in Leningrad, and the T-35-1 participated in the parade on Red Square in Moscow.
In parallel with the assembly of the T-35-2, OKMO was developing designs for a serial T-35A tank, the design of which had a number of differences from the prototypes. Moreover, the T-35-2 was considered only as a transitional model, identical to the serial model only in terms of transmission. In accordance with the Decree of the USSR Government in May 1933, the serial production of the T-35 was transferred to the Comintern Kharkiv Locomotive Plant (KhPZ). There, in early June 1933, the T-35-2 machine that had not been tested and all the working documentation on the T-35A was urgently sent. Several plants were connected to the production of the T-35, including Izhora (armored hull), «RedOctober» (gear boxes), Rybinsky (engines). Subcontractors were already in June 1933 to begin shipping their products to the refinery, but in reality they were able to do it only in August.The total production of heavy tanks T-35 for the years 1932-39 amounted to 61 copies, including 59 production vehicles and two prototypes (T-35-1 and T-35-2).
Serious test for a few T-35A became the Great Kiev Maneuvers, held in the summer and autumn of 1936. Despite all the efforts of mechanics, heavy tanks too often failed. At the T-35A training ground, too, behaved in a different way. If, in theory, the tank could concentrate two guns and three machine guns on one target, in practice the commanders of the towers, who had no direct contact, chose the subject of the shelling themselves. It was never possible to fully establish interaction between them.
By 1941, the T-35 tanks were morally outdated, remaining more than “front”, than combat vehicles, and almost all were lost in June 1941. One of the tanks, captured by the Germans in defective Lviv (No. 715-62), was sent to Germany for a test site in Kummersdorf, and in 1945 even joined the tank battalion formed by the Germans from the captured equipment that was on the range. Whether he participated in battle in this case is unclear. Another T-35 tank survived the war and is currently located in the Moscow Region Tank Museum in Kubinka.
An effective do-it-yourself mosquito repellent
How to make a beautiful folder with your own hands
How to make a tank on May 9 with your own hands
How to put update 1c