Pecan - delicious and very healthy nut
A healthy diet must include nuts. Scientists recommend using a handful of nuts a day. They improve brain function, reduce the risk of developing many diseases and even cancer.
In our region, few people have heard of him, as the pecan prefers a hotter and humid environment. The homeland of this tree is North America. From there, pecans spread to Australia and Central Asia. It can also be found in the Crimea. Tree fruits more than 300 years. It can reach 40 meters in height. Pecan resembles walnuts in appearance. The kernels have the same brainlike shape, but at the same time the pecan shell is smoother than that of walnut.Oil is also made from it, which tastes olive oil.
The main feature of the pecan is its rich composition. 100 g of walnut contains a huge amount of nutrients, including:
- fats - 72 g;
- carbohydrates - 13.9 g;
- dietary fiber - 9.6 g;
- proteins - 9.2 g;
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B9) - 44 mg;
- monounsaturated fatty oleic acid - 41 g;
- vitamins A, E, C, K and PP - 17 mg;
- minerals (potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, zinc, manganese, selenium, iron, copper) - 890 mg;
- antioxidants (beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, ellagic acid);
- amino acid L-arginine.
Pecans are a very high-calorie product. 100 g contains 690 kcal. But this small defect is more than compensated for its useful properties.
What is good for health?
The unique composition of this nut makes it a real panacea for many diseases. Its health benefits are primarily due to the large amount of monounsaturated fats, antioxidants and vitamins. Regular use of pecan acts on the body as follows:
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. The beneficial fats contained in this nutThey contribute to the increase of “good” cholesterol and the reduction of “bad” cholesterol, which, as is known, is the leading cause of atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases. Pecan also helps to normalize high blood pressure.
- Improves eyesight. The vitamins with which this product is rich have a beneficial effect on vision, reducing excessive eye strain. In addition, this nut improves the symptoms of some eye diseases, reducing inflammation in the soft tissues of the eye.
- Cleans the body from toxins and slags. Pecan is an excellent means to clean the blood of toxins. Regular consumption of this product leads to improved liver and kidney function. In addition, the nut cleans the gastrointestinal tract from toxins.
- Extends youth and preserves beauty. Everyone is well aware of the harmful effects of free radicals on cells and the body as a whole. Pecans have many antioxidants that resist the effects of harmful substances. Vitamins and fatty acids help maintain skin elasticity and strengthen hair and nails.
- Reduces the risk of developing cancer.Numerous studies have shown that the use of a handful of nuts every day is associated with a decrease in the likelihood of developing breast, prostate and lung cancer.
- Strengthens bones and repairs muscles. Pecan contains a large amount of calcium, so it has a very good effect on the bones. In addition, it promotes muscle recovery after exercise and reduces pain. The anti-inflammatory properties of this nut prevent the development of diseases such as arthritis and gout.
- Reduces stress and improves brain function. A large variety of nutrients contained in pecans has a positive effect on mood and brain activity. Regular use of this product reduces stress, improves memory and other cognitive functions.
- Promotes weight loss. Despite the fact that pecans are a very high-calorie product, it can help get rid of extra pounds. Nut increases satiety and promotes the acceleration of metabolism. This allows you to save the result of losing weight.
Contraindications to the use
This nut has many useful properties, but this does not mean that you can eat it in kilograms.Excessive use of pecan can harm the body. It is allowed to eat no more than 100 g of nuts per day and not more often 2-3 times a week. Otherwise, an upset stomach may develop, since pecans are relatively hard to digest.
Despite the fact that this nut contributes to weight loss, do not get carried away and absorb it in handfuls. Pecan is a very high-calorie delicacy. If you eat it too much, you can gain extra pounds.
Contraindications to the use of this nut is an allergy. Also, it is not recommended for children under 5 years.
What foods can you add pecans to?
This nut can be eaten in any form: raw, dried and fried. It is perfectly combined with products such as cottage cheese, vegetables, meat, fish, cereals. But best of all, pecans reveal their taste in baking and desserts. The most popular all over the world is a flaky bun with maple syrup, sprinkled with pecan nuts. This dessert is served in many restaurants around the world.
Do not refuse, and you yourself in the pleasure to enjoy the delicious and healthy nuts!
Simple snowflake from beads (beadwork)
Merry Christmas Tree
What to wear white
Concrete garden bench
DIY do-it-yourself panel