Peculiarities of bag-som bag keeping
Bagmen's catfish content
In nature, catfish of this variety grow to 60-70 cm. In aquariums, of course, they cannot grow so large. Their average size is 30-35 cm or less, depending on the size of the tank. Coloring is of two types: brown and gray-black. Very rare albinos. The body is long, while swimming it twists like a snake. On the head are small eyes and 8 pointed antennae.
Here are the basic guidelines for the content:
- The aquarium should be closed to 100-150 liters. In it you need to place a lot of snags and other shelters in which the catfish can hide. These fish like to lie in secluded places all day long, and become active only at night.
- Water temperature should be within 21-25 degrees.
- The optimum pH level is 6.5-7.5.
- Aeration is a must! If the water is poorly saturated with oxygen, the catfish may die within 5-7 hours.
- Filtering is also needed.
- Water should be replaced weekly by 25%.
- As the soil fit small pebbles.
- Lighting should be diffused and weak.
If you are sure that you will be able to create such conditions - then get this interesting pet.
Feed somkov fry need naupliyami artemia. The diet of an adult individual should consist of live and dry food. Small pieces of fish or shrimp should be included in the menu.
When transplanting a bag-representative species, be extremely careful. The body of fish is covered with small poisonous spikes. Their shots are very painful, they can be compared with bee stings. Such poisonous injections are especially dangerous for allergy sufferers.
If you adhere to the described tips on the content, your catfish will live 10-12 years.
Bag-catfish compatible with other fish
This fish is a predator, and very skillful. She is no problem with any small fish. Find out whether your catfish can get along with one or another fish is very easy.If a fish of such size that a catfish is clearly able to eat, he will certainly do it. If the fish is large enough, you can hook it up as a neighbor. The best neighbors are considered large cichlids.
Some aquarists especially like to breed catfish. If you treat them, be sure to have this bag-representative representative of the species in your collection. With such an unusual fish, you can definitely surprise your friends.
Plastic Barrel Garden Chair
Potato pizza with mushrooms
Benefits and harm of sugar
Food ordering at home is the reality of a modern metropolis
How to make a roll with jam and white chocolate
An easy way to paint a bump