What is a plastic bottle made of?
The glass plastic bottle was replaced by the USSR when in 1974 PepsiCo opened a lemonade plant in Novorossiysk. Almost half a century has passed since then, and now the once fashionable bottle has become mundane. What is a plastic bottle made of or what helped it to supplant traditional glass and take the first positions as a container for liquids.
Despite the fact that plastic loses glass in matters relating to long-term storage and environmental friendliness, it has several undeniable advantages:
- the weight of a half-liter plastic bottle is 28 grams, while the analogue of glass weighs 350g;
- the main advantage is that it is cheaper to manufacture than glass or aluminum. In this case, the barrier properties remain at the level;
- PET is more attractive from an aesthetic point of view, since it is transparent and has the appearance of an “absolutely clean” container;
- If desired, such a bottle can be painted in any color without incurring significant production costs;
- they do not fight and can be completely recycled as secondary raw materials.
PET bottle does not collapse even when the product is frozen inside and retains its barrier properties.
PET is an abbreviation of the name of the polymer - polyethylene terephthalate. Actually, that’s all that a plastic bottle is made of. This polymer is also known as lavsan. PET (in the production of PET) is a complex polyester with good thermoplastic properties. That is what caused the possibility of producing bottles by blowing. PET contains terephthalic acid (hardly soluble even in water) and ethylene glycol. As a result of a chemical reaction, hard, durable, lightweight, non-toxic material without color and odor is obtained - polyethylene terephthalate.
10 Vintage Motorhomes that Will Enchant You
Chicken nuggets at home
What does a dream mean in which you see the soul of a person?
How to cook a cake with potato halva
Crafts from bubble wrap
Christmas Tree Gift Box
Biorevitalization - an easy way to eliminate wrinkles