What is borax?
Borax is a large-sized, colorless crystals that dissolve well in water. This substance can crystallize in a monosymmetric system. Borax sometimes has a grayish color and can only be used after processing.
This substance melts at a temperature of 60.8 degrees. If you melt borax with a blowtorch, the fire turns yellow and the mineral turns into colorless glass. When figuring out what a borax is, you should also familiarize yourself with the scope of this substance.
Mineral is actively used for the following industrial and domestic purposes:
- For the production of multi-colored glass, fiberglass and fiberglass;
- For the manufacture of glazes and enamels;
- In the production of antifreeze, brake fluids and various lubricants;
- As a flame retardant or antiseptic in the production of building materials such as ecowool, glue or chipboard;
- As a flux when welding or brazing;
- In the paper, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries;
- As a preservative;
- As a disinfectant;
- In chemical studies as a substance that determines the concentration of solutions and the quality of metal oxides;
- In photography as a slow action developer;
- As the main component of oxygen-containing household chemicals - cleaning, bleaching and detergents;
- As a raw material from which the antioxidant reagent is obtained - boron oxide.
Basket with capron flowers
100 incredible wedding dresses 2017
Happy cat - a well-fed cat
Tomato soup with meatballs and rice
Duck with Peaches on Grill
The simplest electric bicycles
How to glue plastic securely