What is prolapse?
For the blood circulation through the blood vessels is the heart. The organ consists of four chambers separated by valves that regulate the pressure of blood in the chamber compartments and the direction of its movement. The mitral valve blocks the left atrium and ventricle, and also controls the movement of blood between them. When a violation of his work occurs prolaps. What is mitral valve prolapse? This is a protrusion and incomplete closure of the valve leaflets, as a result of which, with the reduction of the ventricle, part of the blood returns to the atrium.
Mitral valve prolapse: causes
The disease can be congenital or acquired. In the first case, it is hereditary and is associated with a weakening of connective tissues.
The development of secondary prolapse can be preceded by various diseases and pathologies:
- ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction;
- rheumatic heart disease (rheumatic heart damage);
- traumatic injury to the sternum.
Symptoms of mitral valve prolapse depend on the type of disease.
Concomitant disease of congenital prolapse in most cases is vegetative-vascular dystonia. Therefore, the manifestation of symptoms characteristic of this disease and are associated with failures in the central nervous system:
- Pain sensations. The aching or tingling pain in the heart can last from a couple of minutes to several days. Pain often occurs after an emotional stress or stressful situation.
- Disturbance of heartbeat. Interruptions in the work of the heart are manifested by a rapid heartbeat or heart failure. Prolapse is characterized by their sudden appearance and disappearance.
- Fainting. Quite a rare symptom that quickly passes.
Symptoms of secondary prolapse depend on the reason for its acquisition:
- angina, scarlet fever, rheumatic fever - excessive fatigue, shortness of breath, dizziness;
- coronary heart disease - pain in the heart, difficulty breathing, arrhythmia;
- chest injuries - weakness, shortness of breath, disruption of the heart rhythm, cough with a discharge of pink sputum.
Congenital prolapse in the absence of serious complaints of health does not require special treatment. A healthy lifestyle, preservation of peace of mind, symptomatic therapy of vegetative-vascular dystonia are the main recommendations for patients with this diagnosis.
Drug treatment of prolapse involves taking magnesium preparations, vitamin complexes for feeding heart tissues, sedatives. In case of rupture of the heart ligaments or acute heart failure, surgical intervention is prescribed.
Criteria for choosing leather corner sofas
Modeling from plasticine
Knife credit card
Basket with capron flowers