Why does the engine stall?
What if the car stalls? If the punctured tire is still possible to replace in the field, then what to do with a car that stalls on the go is not always clear. So that you do not have one day to call a tow truck somewhere on the road outside the city, you need to know why the engine stalls and how to fix such a breakdown yourself.
There are two options for this kind of fault: the car may stall immediately after starting or on the go.
Many motorists have a pressing question, why the engine starts and stalls. There are several possible answers:
- You may have run out of gas. No need to laugh - this happens not only because of the driver’s rashness, but also because of the breakdown of the fuel sensor. Check whether there is enough gasoline or diesel in the tank.
- One of the most popular causes of breakdowns associated with the intake of insufficient air into the engine for its stable operation is a malfunction of the idling regulator.You can try to clean it. But if it does not give a tangible result, the regulator will have to be replaced.
- Try also to clean the injector and carburetor - perhaps it is in them.
- And finally, the last reason why the engine stalls after starting is a malfunction of the wiring or failure of the fuses. If you can check the condition of the fuses yourself, then it is better to trust the wiring health check to professionals.
Even more deplorable is the situation when a car starts and goes normally, and then suddenly stalls in the middle of the road. The driver at such a moment usually starts to panic and he does not know what to do. The reasons why the engine stalls on the move can be the following:
- Check the battery. It is possible that the terminal has just jumped off of it, or it has oxidized to such an extent that contact does not occur anymore.
- Gasoline, which you poured during the last refueling, could be of poor quality. Because of this, the fuel filter is clogged and, as a result, the engine begins to troit (it is absolutely not recommended to continue driving in this case) or the car stalls immediately after starting.
- Perhaps you have any problems with the ventilation system or with the throttle (air valve). Another popular problem is air filter clogging. Not all motorists replace it in time, and meanwhile, the ingress of dust and dirt into the engine can lead to serious damage.
- Unscrew and look at the candles - they may need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Check the timing belt or chain. If you have a break in the timing belt or timing chain, it is very dangerous, as it can cause damage to the engine valves. Such repairs will cost you a substantial amount, so it’s best to replace the timing belt in a timely manner, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If the car stalled in rainy weather, after crossing a deep puddle, it is possible that water got under the hood. In this case, you just need to wait until the water flows from the sensors and ignition wires.
- If the car stalled in the heat, you may be dealing with overheating of the engine. Overheating of the engine can happen in principle in any weather, since such a breakdown is due to improper operation of the engine cooling system.However, hot air can aggravate this condition. This is a very serious breakdown, which can cause the engine to knock or jam. If you feel that the engine is overheating, in no case can not immediately climb under the hood and try to fix the problem. First, wait until the engine cools down, and only then do a diagnosis, top up coolant, etc.
On most modern cars install on-board computers that help the driver to monitor the current state of their cars and time to prevent damage. Always carefully read the instructions for use of the car immediately after its purchase.
DIY helicopter DIY
How to pick an employee
How to fix prices
Second Life of a Shabby Sofa